– If there is ever an option to save money, our builders in Cardiff feel you should take it! Using dimming switches for your lights and using energy efficient bulbs can seriously save you some money over the duration of the year. Why wouldn’t you want to save some of your hard earned money by such a simple yet effective tip? If you are having difficulty installing a dimmer switch, give our builders in Cardiff a call.
– Whenever you need something for the house, going to a local retailer who stocks materials to help you with your home DIY is the best option. Our builders in Cardiff feel that taking pictures of what has maybe broken or needs repairing, as it can be a good referencing point for the staff member dealing with you to ensure they are giving you exactly what you need to complete the task.
– If you are a newbie to home DIY our builders in Cardiff recommend that you start small! By this we mean, don’t try to attempt a home extension on your own… Completing the small tasks will build your confidence and in turn give you experience using the tools needed to complete the job. When you have gained some DIY experience you will feel a lot more comfortable attempting to complete the bigger home DIY jobs.
– Another good tip our builders in Cardiff will recommend is giving the walls in your bedrooms, lounges and kitchens a fresh lick of paint! When a room in a property has new paint it gives that room an updated, modern feel which in turn spells our VALUE added to your home. When choosing paint colours or Cardiff builders feel that Neutral colours appeal to the majority of people and from experience it is what is mostly desirable to people in South Wales.
– Regular inspections we feel are vital to ensuring you find out whether any work actually needs to be carried out. Our builders in Cardiff have worked on numerous jobs for clients that had no idea that they had deteriorating roofs or outdated electrical systems. If you feel you cannot complete general home inspections yourself, then feel free to call us and we will happily deal with that for you. Continue More —>
The future of construction is one filled with innovation and opportunity. Advances in tech has allowed many builders in Cardiff and the surrounding areas to find where the opportunities are. Self healing concrete and 3d printed houses will be part of the future of building.
For example, the TERMES system was developed by Harvard researchers to develop a system of self organising robots to work together to build structures. The system was inspired by termite colonies who demonstrate swarm like intelligence. These robots are fitted with sensors and are given some sort of blueprint to work from and a set of traffic laws which tells them where they can and can’t go during construction. The huge advantage of this is that the robots can go where we are unable to easily build or places where it is too dangerous for humans to go. Continue Reading —>
If you want to move into an energy efficient home then why not consider flat pack homes? We are going to look at what they are and how they can be a green choice for home buyers and self-builders.
Flat pack home are built from sections made in factories and assembled on the construction site. They are not a new idea though? Pre-fab homes became very popular after the second world war due to the housing shortage.
In this day and age flat pack homes are very different for their post war beginnings. Made to the latest stylish designs they can come in a variety of different styles, colours and sizes. They can also be highly efficient in terms of energy. Read More –>